ARMED FORCES DAY, CARDIFF
SATURDAY 30th JUNE 2012
As the programme of the day takes shape, below is a sample of the entertainment and
fantastic performances planned in or above the arena in Coopers Field.
· A Fly past by the Battle Britain Memorial Flight and a Seaking Helicopter.
· Free Fall Demonstration by the Royal Air Force Falcons parachute team.
· Performances by the famous White Helmets Motor Cycle display team.
· Sea Cadet - field gun competition.
· Musical delights by the Band of the Welsh Guards.
· The sound of the Royal British Legion Band Llanelli.
· Military Music by the Volunteer Royal Air Force St Athan Band.
· The beautiful sound of the Bridgend male voice choir.
· Penarth Supremes American style marching band.
· Reminisce with the glorious songs of the past with the Siren Sisters
· The rocking sound of Kate Godspeed Band
· Live performances from historical Re-enactor groups
In addition to entertainment, there will be many static displays and attractions on the day, with a
buffet for available for those who have pre ordered, along with Bars both in the show area and in
the main Marquee.
The day will commence at 1000hrs and follow approximately, the following timings.
· 1000hrs Static displays open and light entertain begin in Coopers Field
· 1000hrs SAMA rededication of memorial Alexandra park
· 1045hrs SAMA parade to Castle to join main parade
· 1100hrs Parade forms up in Castle Grounds
· 1130hrs City Centre parade step off .
· 1200hrs Parade returns to Castle, falls out for short break
· 1215hrs Parade reforms and marches onto Coopers Field for Drum Head Service.
· 1230hrs Drum Head Service
· 1300hrs Programme of events commences and buffet for those who have pre booked
· 1310hrs Veterans Badge presentation
· 1830hrs the day concludes.
There is no one designated car park, there are how ever two park and ride car parks, both
which charge £3 for the day.
· Cardiff East Park and Ride.
Directions - from the East come off at junction 29 of the M4 and take the second turning
off and follow signs for Park and Ride car park.
From the West, come off at junction 30 of the M4 and take the third exit on the
roundabout and the second exit on the next and another second exit on the next
roundabout on to the A48 heading towards the city centre. Take the first exit on the
A48 and follow signs to the car park.
Buses run every 15 minutes and take 20 minute to city centre (Dumfries Places), the first
bus from car park is 9 pm, and the last bus from the city centre (Dumfries Place) is 7 pm.
· Cardiff South Park and Ride.
Directions – From both the East and West, come off at junction 33 of the M4 and follow
the A4232 to Cardiff Bay Shoppers Park and ride ignoring the signs for Events Park
and ride. Take a left as you come out under the Butetown Tunnel and another immediate
left and turn right into County Hall. Buses run every 10 minutes and take 6 minutes to
city centre (Canal Street), the first bus from car park is 9am, and last bus from city
centre (Canal Street) to County Hall is 6pm. In the event of missing the last park and
ride bus, there is a public service Bus, the Bay express that will take you to the County
· Coach Parking. For those groups travelling by coach, there is a Coach park in Sophia
Gardens from which there is a connecting bridge to Coopers Field, which is suitable for
wheel chairs, also a limited number of spaces in Corbett road, and there is also a coach drop
off point in the lay-by at the junction of the Boulevard De Nantes and North road.
Should you require any further information either go to
Or contact Dave Morris on 01446 772043.